Saturday, June 22, 2013

Shutter Saturday


One of my favorite home decor
items is this old window shutter... 
it's beat up, old, turquoise, and 
makes the perfect letter and various
paper holder. 
I made it months ago and just now got 
around to actually taking some 
pictures, so I thought I would share :)

I found this shutter at a local antique store...
it was already painted to I did some sanding
to make it look more rustic. 

I referred to this video, however made my own adjustments
since my shutter was different than the one used. 

I bought a shutter were the slats were already
in one position and didn't have a back bar that can
move the slats up and down. 
That saved me some time right there. 
I backed my shutter with some cardboard
and tar paper because one thing
I noticed is the mail would just fall right on through
without it. 
I went to the local hardware store to get some
hangers, and viola! 
A lovely mail holder!



No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye