Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Sleeping in and Oranges



Woke up late today after working two shifts in a row... cut open a cara cara orange for breakfast, I thought they looked kinda neat on the inside :)  I think I am starting to maybe (and I use that word tentatively) get the hang of things on the floor. It's only my second week out of orientation and I've worked three shifts on my own so far, but I haven't had to hide in the bathroom and cry yet. And I only had a minor meltdown the night before my first shift on my own. That's good, right?

My advice to new grads: during your orientation make sure you ask as many questions as you can. This is the one thing I wished I had done more; asking those little questions that seem inconsequential when you have someone watching over you. Things like 'Where do I find the surgical consents to print in the computer?'. That kind of stuff. Knowing those things saves time, because who has 30 minutes to spare during morning med pass trying to find a consent form? Not this girl.

Anyway... Happy Wednesday! I am going to enjoy my two days off, yahoo!




No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye