Sunday, May 26, 2013

Jaunt to the Biltmore

Happy Memorial Day Weekend! 

After being sent home early from my shift on Friday, I ate 
some lovely home-made pizza prepped by Mama Sue. 
After dropping her off at the Mesa Airport
I was off to relax at the Arizona Biltmore Hotel. 

The grounds are breathtaking; everywhere it was green with tons of flowers
and beautiful architecture. The hotel was designed by Albert McArthur, not Frank Lloyd Wright as 
most people mistakenly believe... although FLW was consulted about 
the resort's design and his influence can definitely be seen. 



One of the water sprite statues on the grounds...



The room we stayed in was a regular guest room; and I was sad to say that
the aging hotel is in desperate need of a little TLC. It's to be expected
when staying at an older/historic hotel the rooms will 
be a little 'dated'... which I love older things. 
I do NOT love peeling wallpaper, moldy plumbing under the sinks, cracked tile, etc. 

I enjoyed staying there simply because of the good food, amazing pools, and stunning gardens. 
Next time
I will have to try one of the suites or the Ocotillo club. 

Anyway; back in the Verde Valley and just grubbed on a burro from the 
Verde's most famous Mexican food restaurant; which is
this delicious place. Feeling stuffed and ready to wear some stretchy pants. 


No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye