Friday, May 3, 2013

Smoooooothie time!


Summertime is here... well, for me anyway. Being a recent college grad, May equals summer. 
Today I had my second day of Tele training. It's going okay. Not going to lie, heart rhythms are still a little scary. There are so many aspects of an ECG to look at when identifying the different rhythms. Like today... looking at ECG that shows a sinus rhythm with ST segment elevation with an AV block blah blah blah. 
I chose to be in med-surg as a new grad to specifically avoid all this cardiac monitoring nonsense. I think my unit going tele right after I was hired is God's way of telling me to stop being a weenie and just learn the damn rhythms. Sigh. 

Anyways... today when I got home from class and working on a case study with Don, Ellen, and Susan (my fellow RN's and study buddies for the day), I decided to make a smoothie with the frozen yoghurt discs I made the other day. I have a cute ice tray that is shaped like lemon slices from Crate and Barrel. I just spooned honey-greek yoghurt in the tray and let it freeze overnight. Then I took 8 of the disks, 1/2 a cup of raspberries, 1/2 cup of blueberries, and 2/3 cup of almond milk and blended. 
Tasted like fruit filled heaven. 

Also, the frozen yoghurt cubes are so good I just keep popping them out and stuffing one in my mouth for a cool treat. You could do that too if the smoothie maybe doesn't sound like your thing :) 

Work tomorrow... if anyone needs me I'll be the nurse on the unit wandering around with a befuddled expression on my face. Ha! 

Have an awesome weekend! 










No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye