Saturday, April 27, 2013

Easy Caprese

I really love caprese salads. Crema Cafe in Old Town makes some of the best caprese salads and sandwiches of all time. However, my favorite cafe isn't always open, and so I created my own caprese inspired dish. 

I love bruschetta; it's super easy to make for a snack or dinner parties. For caprese bruschetta, I simply bought a mini baguette from Trader Joe's, fresh tomatoes, pesto sauce, basil leaves, and a log of mozzarella. 

I sliced the loaf into inch-thick slices, then brushed with olive oil. I topped it off with a slice of tomato, a basil leaf, mozzarella, and drizzled some pesto on top. 

Sometimes my mouth just craves food that is fresh and simple; something that hasn't been cooked or overloaded with too many ingredients.

And on that note, I am now starving. Happy weekend to all! 










No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye