Monday, April 22, 2013

Brain Food


Sometimes the best kitchen creations come out of having a sparsely filled cupboard and fridge. After opening each and lowering my standards a little bit, I came up with a delicious veggie dish that served me well this afternoon. Very filling and gave me nice boost mentally and physically.

Quinoa, sliced carrots/sweet potato, wilted kale & spinach, a dash of garlic and sriracha sauce with a side of sourdough toast. All I did was cook some quinoa according the instructions on the package (from Trader J's), boiled the carrots and sweet potatoes for about 40 minutes or so, then mixed in the fresh greens with the potatoes/carrots and quinoa until they wilted. Next time I make this, I think I'll add some chipotle seasoned chicken. So delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye