Monday, June 3, 2013

The things I put on my FACE.

While I am being a cripple at home, 
decided to whip up a home-made facial. 
Because lets face it... staying home as a working
adult is not nearly as fun 
as it is when you are a grade-schooler. 
I've watched every Disney movie I possess. 

So hence, the facial experiment. Which worked quite nice actually. 
I used my ceramic juicer and juiced half a lemon, then
warmed a spoonful of raw honey in the microwave
for 30 seconds, then whisked the
two together with a pinch of baking soda. 

I slathered the mixture all over and then placed a
warm towel over my face. I waited for about 
20 minutes and rinsed with warm water.... 
Viola! 
Smoooooooooooooth skin. 
The next day, the lemon juice had 
helped dry some of my breakouts I noticed. 
(I get horrible breakouts... perfect skin during
my awkward teenage years when
I didn't do my
makeup so well. What gives?!)

I'd recommend giving it a try if you want some smoother skin and
like me, you are bored. 
Lemon juice is an acid, so it will naturally
exfoliate your skin by removing a layer or two 
of your epidermis. 
Honey is also a great moisturizer and does have 
antimicrobial properties (one of my 
nursing history books talks about how
good ole' honey was a classic
remedy before lovely penicillin came along). 





Maybe tomorrow I will think of a home remedy to 
fix my aching knee and back so 
I can return to work. I don't know how
I'll last till next Monday. 






No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye