Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Off to Roma!!!!

Right now I am sitting at the airport in Philly waiting to jump on my next flight. 
I'll be heading straight to Rome and I am nervous, excited, scared, happy, and 
grateful all at once. 

 I have always wanted to travel overseas, and luckily 
I was able to be accepted to an ASU study abroad program through the School of Nutrition 
and Health Promotion. I will be with 15 other people on this trip learning about Italian culture, dietetics, 
and I am sure a lot of other others things as well! 

This last week before leaving has been the absolute best. 
I went to a concert in Tucson at the Rialto with my close friend R., we saw Steve Earle 
and Shawn Colvin play an acoustic set. They did a songs and storytelling type show, where 
they would explain what was going on in their life at the time they were writing a song, or what a certain song
referred to. 
It was truly a great night for me; Steve Earle is one of my favorite musicians because I find his
lyrics and songs incredibly interesting. He can write a song about anything. 
I also loved listening to Shawn; she's a powerhouse of vocals and is a pretty good guitar picker herself. 
We got to meet them and take a picture; I was completely starstruck!

Later that week I met up with a group of friends before I left for Italy; a few friends came that I didn't even know were in town! We went to George and Dragon, a pub in central Phx that's a little 
grungy but those are the places I like best. 
I had so much fun laughing, drinking, throwing darts, and playing pool with the good people in my life. I seriously feel so undeservedly lucky to have these opportunities and my friends and family. 
In spite of having a rough past couple years, these moments serve to remind me that I really do have a good life. 

That being said, I guess I should find something to grub on before I get on an 8 hour flight!  





No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye