Saturday, June 21, 2014

A little nudity never hurt....

Today was technically a free day... however our group had reservations at a museum in Florence so we went to see the 'David' at the Galleria Academia. Seeing this famous sculpture was really cool for me; I have always been passionate about art and it's importance in our lives and society. I dreamily toyed around with the idea of being an art historian for a long time... I often think about it now even though I love nursing and am fairly decent at
my job. I was impressed by how detailed David is carved; you can even see the veins in his arms. It was truly a beautiful piece of art... not to mention a beautiful nude male!
If only all my patients looked like the David... then maybe I wouldn't
mind putting in foley catheters or giving shots in the rear end so
much.
  I was glad I got to see it. After that the girls talked
me into going to the designer outlets at Barberini. Although I couldn't afford anything from Dolce and Gabana, I did find a cute pair of Tiffany blue Nikes. We all went back to Florence and decided to find the comforts of home at the Hard Rock Cafe. It was nice to eat something different than pasta, and also have a few drinks and let loose. Brittany, Bri, Sheila, and myself stayed up for a little while hanging out and then Brittany and I stayed up even later watching videos of baby pandas and talking. A good night full of laughs, friends, and good times on
my first weekend in Florence :)



On our beautiful balcony, enjoying the after-effects of 
three beers and too
much laughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye