Sunday, June 1, 2014

How to pack for a month in a carry-on!

So. 
I leave for Italy in a just a few days! I can't believe I'll 
be spending one whole month in one of the most beautiful countries in the world. 
I am planning on packing for this long trip in one carry on bag. That's right. ONE carry on. 
After reading countless blogs and combing pinterest for ideas on what and how to pack, I came up with the following list: 

*Passport
*Wallet including photo ID/debit/credit card/emergency contact information
*Photo copies of passport and credit card info
*iPhone and iPad with charging cords
*Plug adapter (I found mine at Target); the electric sockets in Europe don't match the ones in here in United States
*Italian phrasebook (I used the one by Penguin Press)
*Cross-body bag or purse
*5 plain t-shirts
*1 undershirt
*1 sleep shirt and pair of sleep shorts
*8 pairs of panties
*2 cardigans
*3 bras
*2 pairs of jeans
*2 convertible dresses (converts to maxi dress/skirt/or midi dress)
*1 nice dress for going out
*5 pairs of ankle socks
*2 scarves
*1 pair of nicer leather sandals (in general, Italians dress nice and you won't see them wearing rubber flip flops unless at the beach)
*1 pair of Toms
*1 pair of tennis shoes (for all the walking you will be doing!)
*1 pair of nice casual shoes; leather ballet flats
*Clothesline
*2 bars of Lush shampoo- I like the New! and Godiva bars
*2 bars solid conditioner
*baby powder- use as dry shampoo or for rash, etc. 
*1 bar of Lush Fresh-Farmacy face soap
*1 bar Pacifica exfoliating soap
*Sink stopper
*Laundry soap sheets
*Umbrella
*2 packs of Trader Joe's makeup remover wipes
*Lotion wipes (I bought 2 packs from Pacifica)
*1 pack of wet wipes (to freshen up on the airplane or on travel days)
*Nail polish remover wipes
*Ear plugs
*Sleep mask
*Cosmetics: waterproof mascara, BB cream, e.l.f. blush and bronzer duo, Benefit brow palette, Urban Decay Naked basics palette, Tarte lip stain, FAB face lotion, Neutrogena Toner, travel size B&B de-frizz serum.
*Hairbrush
*1 toothbrush
*Toothy-tabs from Lush
*Jewelry
*Nail file
*Lint roller
*1 yoga headband
*1 package Unisom sleep tablets
*1 can of hairspray- I used the travel size Bumble and Bumble classic hairspray 
*Downy wrinkle release
*Travel journal
*Travel blow dryer
*Travel straightening iron
*Luggage locks- you could encounter people trying to steal things     out of your luggage or steal your bags while on the train or bus. Get luggage locks and carabiners to secure your bags so it decreases your chance of getting your things stolen! 
*Neck wallet to hold money!

It's possible I could be forgetting things on this list; however this is what I have packed for now. 
I am hoping this will be sufficient enough to get me through the month. Only a couple days and I'll be headed to Rome!











No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye