Saturday, June 21, 2014

Fantastic Florence!

We made it to Florence! After breakfast we boarded the bus and drove into the city. We walked with our luggage to our new residence... I have never been so glad to have only a carry-on sized bag and a tote! I was able to dodge those haggling gypsies a little quicker and not have to worry navigating my little suitcase along the narrow streets. I was thrilled to see our apartment is right next to the the famous duomo in Florence. After we did a short orientation of the building, Brittany and I headed upstairs to our new place. We are on the top floor of the building; our new digs are pretty spacious and we have a freaking private balcony! It looks right at the Duomo! The shower consists of a tiny square with a curtain that just clings to your body when you try to bathe... but other than that I love it! 
After that we hoofed it to the Accent Center by San Spirito Church, did a little orientation there, then headed to cooking class. We
made stuffed zucchini, hearty tomato soup, and a fruit tart. Excited to explore the city a little more to
morrow! 





No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye