Sunday, June 29, 2014

Farewell to Florence.

Italy is coming to an end. I feel terribly sad to leave this place behind. I really feel at home here (that being said, I feel comfortable anyplace) and have seen some wonderful things. I also have had a great experience getting to know the other students on this trip and know I have made lasting friendships. 
Florence was fantastic... from dinner at Il Latini to the opera, the art, the food... Florence and Italy in general has been an experience I'll never forget. 
Tonight was our farewell dinner and final cooking class. Our instructors Tina and Sue (pictured with
moi below) gave out these little fun awards and I was dubbed the wine connoisseur.
I actually teared up with some of the other girls at the thought of leaving. It's been so amazing. 
Tomorrow I catch the train back to Rome and fly out the day after... not looking forward to all the travel ahead. And I guess that's
mainly because it
means I am really leaving. 
It's been a wonderful trip...
I don't think I'll forget it anytime soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye