Thursday, July 3, 2014

Post-Italy Blues

I am now back in the States... and feeling strangely a little out of place. Yesterday was my first day back and I don't know what to do with
myself. 
I spent the day cleaning, grocery shopping (buying only cheese, bread, tomatoes, oil, and wine), and generally just listlessly wandering around
my neighborhood walking the dog and trying to adjust to being back home. 
Today I went in to work and was greeted by all the nurses and doctors who asked how Italy was... and all I could say was 'It was so great... I wish I didn't come home!'. When people ask about what I did or want me to tell them about it, I don't even know where to begin because there's so much to say! I also am now superbly annoyed I can't walk anywhere to get groceries or do anything. I already miss walking and finding good espresso on every corner. Le'sigh. 
I did go on a hike this afternoon and was struck at how beautiful the Verde Valley is and why I love it so much. I guess with these kind of views 20 minutes away I can't complain too much :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye