Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Chilaquiles





Still adjusting to being back home. 
I spent the 4th of July in Phoenix with friends watching fireworks 
and wandering around the Phoenix Art Museum. 
They had an exhibit on Hollywood Costumes; 
I saw the suits from the Blues Brothers, Darth Vader's suit, the robe from the Big Lebowski, Marilyn Monroe's white dress in the Seven Year Itch, and a lot of other really cool stuff. 
I also started back to work this week 
and it took most of my first day to get back into the swing of things. 
It took me almost 15
minutes to put in an IV in a sweet little old 
lady. Luckily for her it was a one stick job. 

Today I am reveling in the taste of chilaquiles from Crema Cafe in Old Town. Delicious tortilla shreds with fluffy eggs, queso, black beans, crema, red salsa, and carnitas. 
I'm not sure how long this traditional Mexican dish has been around, and it's often confused with Tex-Mex migas... but it's 
probably one of
my favorite breakfast foods here in Arizona. 



I miss the food in Italy terribly (especially the pecorino cheese) but I can't live without salsa and chiles! 






 


No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye