Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A little guidance

All of us have those people from our 
past that taught us valuable life lessons. 
There are so many things we can learn 
from others, simply because no one 
has the same life experiences and wisdom. We 
are completely unique in everything we know and 
how we came to know it. 

That being said, I want to say 
thank you to a special nursing instructor 
whose advice always comes back to me while I am 
at my job caring for my patients. 
Mrs.M was a tough teacher... I dreaded turning in 
my clinical documentation/assessments/care plans 
to her every week because I knew she would
use her handy weapon (a pink highlighter) and 
mark up every page. 
But it made me a better nurse. 
One thing I was told in my review recently is I 
have great documentation skills, which is always
a good thing. It's most likely
thanks to Mrs.M. 

I was very lucky to have her... she currently is living in the 
southeast US enjoying sunshine. She isn't an 
instructor anymore, but there are plenty of us out there
who probably thank our lucky stars she was ours :)


Our clinical group from first semester of nursing school :)

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye