Thursday, August 1, 2013

A visit

A couple days ago I went to the cemetery to 
visit my dad's grave. 
After he died, I put flowers there for Fathers Day, 
and then didn't go back for several months. 
I'm not sure why I avoided going exactly... I think 
mainly because I knew it would 
be so painful, and I was trying so 
hard at that time to just keep it together. 
I was trying hard to not cry so much all the time. 

Later, I felt enormous guilt for not going more often. 
I didn't want to be rude towards my dad for 
not visiting his grave... I had
this irrational guilt that I was being hurtful to him
by not visiting. 

Anyway, I try to go more often now. I 
go and anticipate I will cry a lot and 
generally feel terribly sad and hollow for 
the rest of the day. 

The other day was no different, except maybe
that a sticker got in my flip flop and 
I cursed VERY loudly and creatively. 

I brought yellow sunflowers for my dad, 
because as far as flowers go, they were the manliest
type available at the Safeway. 

I will go back again soon... 
I don't feel any closer to my dad being there, 
but it is nice to have an area with
some type of physical memorial to him. 
A place to lay sunflowers, 
a place to visit. 




No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye