Sunday, July 7, 2013

For the Birds



Working four shifts in a week is for the birds. 
It really is. 
It's about as pleasant as an itchy rectum. 

Luckily I had a couple days off for the weekend. 
I am already burnt out on all the rude people I have to work with. 
My group of patients were really starting to grind on me. 
I really do have empathy and I will bend over backwards to help a person
who wants to take care of themselves and takes their health seriously. 

I am a nurse. My job is to help you overcome illness and 
encourage healthy practices. 
It is not my job to be your waitress, I am not a drug dealer, and 
I am not paid to wait on you hand and foot. 
Being in the hospital is a rehabilitation process... it 
is not a hotel where you expect the staff to give you 
four star meals and fluff your pillow when you have two working arms. 
I don't appreciate the sense of entitlement. 

Anyways... I had a break, and I am sad it's coming to an end tomorrow. 
Four months and I am already feeling like I need
a vacation. 
Oy vey. 

This weekend Robyn came for the weekend and we kayaked, went 
out for beers, shopped, and ate delicious food. 
We went out with some of my former co-workers from the 
laboratory dept where I used to work. 
What a group. 
It was a good weekend. 

My recommendation is to not drink two 25 oz limearitas
while kayaking... especially when a thunderstorm is rolling in. 
Those limearitas are potent. 
So we took out early, ended up calling my mom because we left
our keys in the car, and slept on top of our 'yaks 
while it was storming out. 
I'm not sure how we wind up in these situations. 






No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye