Monday, July 29, 2013

It's been 20 days...

...since my last post. 
Where did 20 days go??!!
I have been super busy working shifts, going to staff meetings, 
and having issues with allergies that have kept me at 
home with a swollen face. 

What has happened in the last 20 days? 
I got accepted to Arizona State University to start my BSN degree. 
I am thinking maybe a dual-degree in journalism would be awesome, no? 

My sister and her family have also moved back to Arizona 
after being in Colorado while her husband was in vet school. 
He is now a fully licensed vet who will be working with furry 
patients at a clinic in north Phoenix. 

I have been working a ton and feeling so exhausted after
each shift I just sit in my house watching Les Mis with
a cup of coffee. 
I have had some really sweet patients the last few shifts, 
which is nice for a change. I'm not exactly saying 
I expect people to be less than pleasant, 
but it happens when people aren't feeling well. 
People tend to forget I am human too, with only two
hands and limited patience. 
It was nice to have a steady day with pleasant people who remembered
to say please and thank you :) 

With all the work, I have to make some time for play. 
I am thinking a trip to Sequoia National Park will do the trick. 
Life for me isn't much fun if I am at home getting stagnant. I need 
to see and do new things to refresh my mind! 

That being said, locally there are some fun things going on to 
help with the boredom... 

The Farmer's Market Jamboree started in my hometown 
that is happening every Thursday for a few months. 
Fresh veggies, fantastic local music, and summer evenings. 
What could be better? 


No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye